and MORE.... page 36
Drywall Sulfur Fumes Blamed for A.C. & Electrical Equipment failures
Pollutants: Not Always in Industrial Settings
• Chinese Drywall Cited in Building Woes
– The drywall is emitting sulfur-based gases that are corroding air
conditioner coils, computer wiring and metal picture frames.
• Drywall blamed for A.C. failures
– Air-conditioning coils have turned black, along with wiring, piping
and even silver jewelry.
– "We have definitely identified that a combination of sulfide gases
are the cause of the corrosion," said Robert P. DeMott, managing
principal of Environ.
– "Foul odors reported by people living in the homes may also be
caused by the combination of sulfur gases being released from the
• Chinese drywall class action lawsuit
– LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lawsuit was filed against Knauf Plasterboard
Tianjin Co., LTD, The Knauf Group, Rothchilt International Limited
and the Banner Supply Company.
– Known as "Chinese Drywall", it was manufactured oversees and
was made from waste materials. As a result, it emits sulfur
compounds that corrode copper wiring and other metals found in
homes. Copper Corroded by Sulfur flumes