Thanks a million to Jim Parish for solving a really tough problem for me!! Praise YHWH!!
Programming the Midnite Solar Classic Lite 150 charge controller over the ethernet/WiFi connected to your Internet router.
7/20/2016: I have a WIndows 7 Home laptop and I just installed the latest Adobe AIR (which did not help me connect to the controller, BTW).
A) You need to set dip switches to custom to program the controller otherwise your settings will NOT stick!
B) If you cannot communicate to controller from your PC, you may need to do a hard reset via jumpers on the controller ckt board.
If you cannot communicate with LocalStatusPanel or the Midnite Solar Local App, need to do hard reset by:
1) turn off solar array to controller
2) turn off battery to controller
3) open case to access jumpers just above terminal block where PV and battery wires connect to controller
4) disconnect blue cable for Lite Display from upper jack on controller ckt board
5) pull off all jumpers from the four pairs of jumper pins just above the terminal block and keep them handy (should only be three jumpers)
6) turn on battery power
7) within 60 seconds of applying power, place jumper on the first pair of terminals called JP1 and a jumper on the last pair (JP4) called "boot"
observe blinkies going on for about 45 seconds as everything is rest to factory default
9) turn off battery power to controller
10) restore jumper to original setting. Jumper hanging on JP1 so not shorting, but just hanging or parked. JP2 with jumper parked or hanging, JP3 called LOK shorted and JP4 called boot no jumper at all.
11) Set SW1 of display behind Lite faceplate 1-7 ON and switch 8 OFF (this is for "custom setting"). I'm assuming you want to program Float, absorb and equalize voltages and times (absorb and equalization duration voltages and hours) and have them stick!
12) Switch bank 2 of display should have sw1 ON and all the rest OFF (for DHCP), which is the default, BTW.
13) reinstall display blue cable to top port called "Remote"
14) make sure ethernet cable is connected from controller to router
15) Start LocalStatusPanel on PC
16) turn on battery power to controller
17) Lord willing, the controller will show up on app and you can select "view"
18) In the Local App, click on the "Config" tab on upper part of text display then on the bottom of the text display there should be a "Tech" tab.
19) Click on Tech tab and scroll down to close to the bottom where there is a section called features.
20) check the box that says, "Night Auto Reset Enable". This will help make you can communicate with controller via PC.
21) Under "basic" there will be the basic charger settings and make sure everything is properly configured for your setup and it should be smooth sailing.
Thanks again , Jim!
May YHWH bless you and keep you.
May YHWH make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you.
May YHWH lift up His countenance to you and give you shalom!